Friday, December 14, 2012

One last trip to florida

In February, I decided to take Ryan on a last minute trip to Florida to visit my grandparents at the their place in La Belle. Ryan was 2 the last time we were in Florida to visit them, so I really wanted to get down there one last time, since we were not sure if my grandparents would be able to go back at the end of this year. 



Mom, Bill, Loretta, John, Dodie, and George were going to be there visiting as well, so I thought it would be a great time to go. I wanted it to be a surprise, so I made sure everyone didn't say anything to Grandma or Grandpa. I asked Matthew if he wanted to come with us and fortunately he was able to come as well. 



The downside of planning a trip on short notice was that we had to fly into Tampa, but the silver lining was I had a chance to spend a couple of hours in the car with my brother. It's not very often I get to sit down and talk to him for very long =) I really enjoyed our car rides to and from the airport. 



I called my grandma right before we pulled into the drive way to tell her how much we missed her and really wished there was a way we could come and visit. As I hung up the phone, Matthew, Ryan, and I walked through the door. I will never forget the look of surprise on her face. Nor, will I forget her looking around for "that little booger". Unfortunately, Emma was unable to come too. 

Since Ryan was much older this time, he was big enough to ride the three-wheel bikes. 






My aunt Dodie and Uncle George have a pontoon boat down there, so they took us out for an afternoon outing. Unfortunately  the weather was pretty chilly, but we still enjoyed the day and the water







Tuesday night, Dodie fixed a lovely dinner for Valentine's Day. Apparently Bill and Ryan had their fill =) 


The Aqua Isles Boulevard - 



The pool - many fond memories of noodle fights with Matthew in this pool =D 



My grandparents, John and Katie, in front of their winter home for 20+ years. 


We had a wonderful visit. As it turns out that was their last trip to stay in Florida for the winter. I'm so glad that it worked out for Matthew, Ryan, and I to see them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment