Thursday, December 6, 2012

Nutcracker Ballet

I remember going to see the Nutcracker when I was around 7 or 8 years old. My mom and dad took Matthew and me. I remember we went to Burger King for a bite to eat before the show and I was not thrilled about going to the ballet. I remember my mom being frustrated with my attitude and threatening to leave me in the car. I'm pretty sure I ended up enjoying the show. I reminded my mom of this story and she remembered taking us to see the Nutcracker, but not my response. I'm sure she just blocked it out! Matt overheard me sharing this with her and he said "Imagine that" =)

This year for my birthday my friends, Natalie and Evelyn, bought me tickets to go see the Nutcracker at the IU Musical Arts Center. I've been wanting to go see it for the past couple of years, but haven't had the chance. Unfortunately Evelyn couldn't attend so, Jen Pearl went instead.

We had dinner at Max's Place (great pizza and they usually have Sun King on tap). Natalie and Jen had never been before, so it was fun to introduce them to another place in town.

We had awesome seats, the center of the 4th row! We were so close you could see "everything"!



The sets were absolutely gorgeous! I wanted to take photos, but we were told no cameras allowed, so I'll just have to go back next year to see it again! My favorite scene was the Russian dance. The male dancer looked like he was having a blast and he was very muscular! I really enjoyed watching all of the young ballet dancers - one looked like he/she was only 5 or 6.

Ryan mentioned that they were watching some of the ballet at school and he'd like to see it live. I'm pretty sure I've talked Matt in to going with the family to see it next year. Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment